Wednesday, April 14, 2010

i know HE is the potter but sometimes, just sometimes, i take things in my own hands.....

I got this post from Erere (a friend from QC) and it not only mirrored how i feel most of the time but also blessed me tremendously:
Do you mean to tell me that this isn't over yet? I and my potter have been here in this little shop since the wee hours of the morning. The only thing I've enjoyed so far is how He placed me on the table and began to knead me as though I were an extraordinary piece of dough. He rubbed me and turned me upside down, and then He rubbed my back-side too. How sweet!

But it is now getting really late and the Potter still isn't done.

"Lay very still, don't be anxious. I am not yet done with you."

"But Potter, why? I think I look okay."

"I know you do, but I need to finish up your left side to make you "more than just ok.""

"Can I get a tattoo there?"

"A tattoo is not the best option, little Clay."

"But Potter...I've seen other vessels with the same tattoo."

"I will give you something more worthy than a tattoo."

I fell silent for a few seconds, then I told Him that He knew best (even if I wasn't really feeling His agenda). How sure was He that His master-plan was any better than my tattoo idea?
___________________________________


...for me, many times i have struggled, and the potter has had to start all over again.

Many times i have gone to places where i felt i should be, but where the potter knew i shouldn't and he had to go back one step in the mould.

Many times i rushed into relationships without asking the potter - i came out hurt.

Many times, the potter started working in one direction and i pre-empted him, overtook him and went the wrong way - He had to start all over again...

I'm glad the potter does not just throw HIS hands in the air and give up on me.

The Potters book says that HE will be with me even till the end of the age...

I am glad i have the potter. Just today, it dawned on me that i had gone the wrong direction again and i came back and there HE was, ready to continue moulding me into that master piece - irrespective of what others think!

Thank you Jesus!
Thank you master Potter!
Thank you Lord

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer A. said...

I love the latter part of this post. Immediately, this scripture came to mind,Jeremiah 18:4, "And the vessel that He made of clay was marred in the hand of the Potter; so He made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the Potter to make."

April 14, 2010 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Tehilah said...

thanks Jaycee - awesome scripture. Right on point. The Lord bless u dear!

April 16, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home