Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Forgive me Lord for i have sinned.

Forgive me Lord for i have sinned.
I saw a dead child today on Awolowo Road -
At least, he looked dead to me...
and i passed by on my bike and hurried off to work.
Should i not have stopped?
Could i not have helped?
but i was afraid....
plus the bike man refused to even give me audience...
but i was afraid. period.
if i had insisted, he would have dropped me off.
i was afraid to help. i was afraid. i was confused...
i have tried to whip up excuses for myself but they are not helping me at all...
i am sorry Lord!
i pray for the hit and run driver. That the peace of God may envelope him.
I only imagine his own guilt!
receive the sould of the Child dear God for now he is home to rest.
rest from the corruption.
rest from the poverty.
rest from the darkness of this world's order.
And when it is time for me to go, may i not be condemned by the things i have failed to do such as help in times like this.
May I be welcomed into the pearly gates of paradise for relying on the Saving power of Christ...

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home