Monday, June 25, 2012

Your Account in God's Bank

Very early this morning, I felt a leading to spend time in God's presence. As I worshipped, He spoke in his characteristic manner. He had actually spoken this to me a few years ago, so I knew the message was not just for me. My prayer is that this message will not be flawed by the flawed vessel who is now attempting to deliver it.

The Lord led me to Psalm 50. Powerful scripture. The entire psalm is loaded with so many truths and profound revelations but i will narrow this down to the portion God spoke about.

“Gather My saints together to Me, Those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.”
Psalm 50:5 KJV

Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
Psalm 50:14-15 TNIV

"Let the giving of thanks be your sacrifice to God, and give the Almighty all that you promised. Call to me when trouble comes; I will save you, and you will praise me"
Psalm 50:14-15 GNT

"Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me."
Psalm 50:14-15 KJV

He said to me "Child, thanksgiving and praise are the currency of heaven". Each time you praise, worship or just simply thank me,you are depositing money into a Spiritual bank. In the day of trouble, all you need to do, is draw from this bank account. The more you praise, worship and thank me, the higher your balance is in the account."

Psalm 50:15(KJV, and TNIV)interestingly starts with the word "and". This is to show a connection between verse 14 and 15. Scripture is saying Thank God whenever you have the opportunity. Whether He has responded to that long term prayer request or not, thank Him anyway. Thank God at every opportunity you have. When people ask how you are doing, reply by blessing God. When people ask how an exam went, reply by blessing God. Thank God lavishly for little things.

For thanksgiving to become a sacrifice it should be done even at the most inconvenient times. Wake up at 3am and just sing, dance and thank Him. Thank Him even though you hurt from the death of your sister in that terrible air crash. Thank Him for that miscarriage. Thank Him even with the hurt of the divorce still stinging, Thank Him when it does not make sense to thank Him. Then, your thanksgiving will be a sacrifice.

Scripture records that after you have offered your sacrifice of thanksgiving to God, you can call on Him in the day of trouble. What does this scripture pre-suppose? That there surely will be a day when trouble will come knocking. It may be a sick loved one, it may be a failing marriage, it may be the need for children, it may be the need to pass an examination, it may be just about anything, but scripture is explicit. That day will come. Your success or failure, your joy or sorrow, your lifting or casting down in the day of trouble will depend on how much you have accumulated in your spiritual "praise and thanksgiving account".

My message is simple - Praise and Thank God at every opportunity you have. Praise God on facebook, praise God on Blackberry, praise God on twitter. Do not become too like the world. You are afterall not of this world. Stand out, dare to be different, dare to load your account in God's bank with enough to keep you in the day of trouble.

Let us pray.
Father, thank you for the generosity of your promise in Psalm 50:14 and 15
We give you praise for your word.
Give us the grace to thank you at every given opportunity.
Give us the grace to live lives of worship and thanksgiving.
Give us the grace continually load our Spiritual praise accounts.
Thank you because we are confident that on the day of trouble, you will deliver us.
Thank you for everything in the name of Jesus. Amen.

If you have read this message and you have not yet given your life to Jesus, please remember that Christ is the only way to eternal life. You may e-mail me on ngozilee1325@yahoo.com, I will be glad to discuss the Christian faith with you and eventually lead you Christ. God bless you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer A. said...

Praise is who I am. Amen.

July 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Pea said...

Amen. I am so blessed. Speechlessly blessed. So almost 5 years ago when you wrote this, God knew that I would need it today. May He bless you. Also, please never change the design of this blog. I really miss the old Blogger look.

April 13, 2017 at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home