Tuesday, January 12, 2010

..of the president being alive, the crazy okada shuttle to work and many others....

...its a brand new day. i woke with a laugh - i wonder why...

i hear the president is alive - thank you Jesus! I wish him and the entire country well but i am getting kinda bored with all the talk about him so...

...i wonder how all them "big girls" cope.

Big girls don't take "okada".

Big girls don't take buses.

How much do they earn? Haba!

For me not only are the okadas more convenient in this crazy Lagos traffic but they are much cheaper than the taxi cabs aka "drops". Working with K*** is supposed to have altered my mentality about all these things abi? Sadly, it hasn't. I'm still an unrepentant okada patronizer....

Let me give you how my typical work day starts. My alarm goes off at 4am and i angrily mute its annoying sharp and shrilly sound. I decide to sleep for a few more minutes and then wake up and find that i slept for one more hour. I fly to the bathroom, do all the necessaries (including the morning devotion, which continues all the way to work) and then move out to the road and take the first "okada." The first okada drops me at the BRT Bus Park. I board an air conditioned Bus to my next stop and then take the next "okada" to a road not too far from K***. This is because at K***, image is everything and i cannot be seen flying off an okada - i was actually lectured on this on my first day....

...im a bit bored with my daily routine so let me not bore you as well....

...i listened to a message as i got ready for work today (Thank you PHCN) and i just thought i should share one major truth Pastor Chris Oyakhilome shared with me... He said "your words determine your position in life"....and i thought about how true it was. What do i say when i am going through challenges? Can i count how many times i have called my self lonely? Broke? Sad? Down? Poor? When i should have been confessing that i was settled! Joyful! Upbeat! Rich? I have made a committment to myself that no matter how bad things seem, i will continue to speak that which the LORD has said i am. Therefore i declare that i am settled on all sides! I am bouyant! I am rich! I am joyful and i can do all things through HIM who strengthens me...

...remember. He said "That which i HEAR YOU SAY, that will i do.."

God bless us all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home